question regarding print out of objects listing from the application browser

mfstuart mfstuart at cox.net
Wed Mar 12 20:15:52 EDT 2008

Hi Jacqueline and Sadhunathan,

Testing Jacqueline's script on WinXP, I found the "from rect (the rect of
this cd)" value is from the top right of the monitor, (for the size of the
card) not from the top right of the stack or card.
So in the image you end up with the screen back ground, the RunRev menu bar,
and some of the stack as the screen shot, in my case.

I looked up the Documentation for export snapshot and found that you need to
use the windowID property of the stack in the export snapshot line to get
images of the stack or card, in this case.
But first place the windowID into a variable:

  put the windowID of this stack into vWinID
  repeat with x = 1 to the number of cds
    go cd x
    put "c:/temp/snapshot" & x & ".png" into tfilename
    export snapshot from rect (the rect of cd x) of window vWinID to file
tfilename as PNG
  end repeat

HTH,
Mark Stuart