RevZip

Mark Talluto userev at canelasoftware.com
Tue Mar 11 21:07:04 EDT 2008

On Mar 11, 2008, at 2:52 PM, Sarah Reichelt wrote:

> In theory, it works for any zip file, but at the moment, you can only
> edit zip files created in Rev. Unfortunately, this makes the zip
> library almost useless, since the only way to test whether a zip file
> will work is to risk corrupting it permanently and losing any data in
> it.

I have given up on using Rev zip feature and use shell for Mac and
compress/decompress for Win.

Here is a small snippet I last used in on of my apps.  If anything is
unclear, just holler.

  --DECOMPRESS IT
      if the platform is "MacOS" then
           -- MAKE SURE TO ESCAPE THE SPACES
           put tAppPathParent into tShellPath
           replace " " with "\ " in tShellPath
           put "unzip -o " & tShellPath & tDownloadedFile & " -x *_M*"
into tShellCmd
           put shell(tShellCmd)
      end if
      if the platform is "Win32" then
           put url ("binfile:" & tDownloadedFile) into tData
           put decompress(tData) into tData
           put tData into URL "binfile:Engine Updater.exe"
      end if

Mark Talluto
--
CANELA Software