unpacking

Jim Ault JimAultWins at yahoo.com
Sun Mar 2 00:54:00 EST 2008

First, use the stack inspector to confirm that your property is indeed the
value you think it is.

Do this by opening the stack inspector, then choose the "custom properties"
drop down.  Now inspect the values:

set the jDate of this stack to "99/88/77"

then
put the jDate of this stack into tJournal

By the way, why would you be doing....
>     delete char 1 of jDate -- j
>     convert jDate to long date
>     answer "Sorry, there's no journal for" && jDate &"."

since jDate is the name of the custom property and contains no data itself,
and why would you want to delete char 1 of jDate?

Hope this helps

Jim Ault
Las Vegas