rev apps on iPhone?

Joe Lewis Wilkins pepetoo at cox.net
Sun Jun 29 11:18:30 EDT 2008

Well Tom, Mark, et all, thought I'd chime in with what I'm currently
using RR for this fine Southern California morning:

Right now, I've not extended RR much farther than converting old fully
functional HC stacks/tools I created to work on Macs to help me with
my regular work, but still be able to do it on OSX. Of course, in
instances that use my own CompileIt™ created Externals, I've yet to
find a workable solution with RR. I think one is there. I just haven't
had the diligence to find out how. And I'm doing some brand new RR
stacks as well that I expect to be cross platform once I've ironed out
all of the idiosyncratic, platform specific issues. There are more of
these than I had initially thought existed. At the same time I'm
having to find replacements for most of the other tools I used in OS9.
Plus, the State of California through a new set of Code Standards at
us this year that have my eyes truly wishing they belonged to a 21
y.o. that one of my years. (smile)

Looking to the future, which I hope I may still do, I'd like to put in
a plug for the elderly who would like to maintain or extend their
skills with their computers. One of the truly great thing with my own
layout is its flexibility, but I do find some things that are pretty
frustrating. For example: the RR documentation (other than the Guide
which is in PDF format and can be adequately magnified) is pretty
small and the contrasts when backgrounds are in shades of grey become
pretty difficult to read. I loved Sarah's calendar where we have a
choice of three sizes. That wasn't easy for her to do, but is a great
idea. Enough for my rant. (smile)

Though I doubt if I'll ever use any iPhone apps unless I can use them
with my desktop screen, being able to develop for it might expand our
horizons with RR more than we will ever gain by marketing to either
Linux or XP; and, perhaps, with much less hassle.

My two centavos,

Joe Wilkins