rev apps on iPhone?

Josh Mellicker josh at dvcreators.net
Fri Jun 27 18:23:17 EDT 2008

I understand the desire to have Rev a write-once, deploy everywhere
solution... iPhone, Windows mobile, web, toaster, microwave, etc.

But I'd like to cast my one very small vote that Rev continue to focus
on doing one thing really well- make desktop apps for OSX/WinXP/Vista/
Linux that work really well.

To me, continuing to refine Rev's power in making it easier to work
with databases, improving table fields, Quicktime and AVI functions,
adding more standard widgets like popup calendars and various types of
grids, better text processing... in my opinion, improving those core
functions is so much more important than trying to make it a do
everything solution, especially for a smaller company.

Xcode works fine for iPhone, there are other solutions for web, a wise
person once told me, "stick to one thing, and be the best in the world
at it."

(Of course, I have never followed this advice meeself ;-)