copying icons from other apple programs

René Micout rmicout at online.fr
Wed Jun 25 11:51:54 EDT 2008

Hello,

Look at Pixie by Apple Computer :
   Pixie is a magnifying glass utility for Mac OS X.  It is useful
for doing pixel-perfect layout, checking the correctness of graphics
and UI, and getting magnified screen shots.  It has a bunch of power
features to make life easier, including:
     •  Variable magnification
     •  Support for grids of different colors
     •  Copying and saving a magnified image
     •  Display of mouse coordinates
     •  Continuous refreshing to follow animations
     •  Floating above other windows for accessibility
     •  Locking the contents of the magnified view
     •  Locking one axis of the magnified view at a time
     •  Dragging, copying and display of colors
   To change settings, just bring up the Preferences panel.  To
change the size of the magnified area, resize the window using the
lower right hand corner.
   To drag, copy and display colors from the magnified view, first
lock the magnified view (press Command-L), then move the mouse to the
pixel you want and click or drag it.  (You may need to turn some of
these features on in Preferences before they will work).

René from Paris