the Rev Kagi-KRM?

Kee Nethery kee at kagi.com
Sat Jun 21 15:20:11 EDT 2008

The Kagi version of a Rev based KRM that is written completely in
RunRev is too slow to use. The Unicode-ness of it tended to require
standard XML libraries (as opposed to a text based XML parsing that
could be custom built). The various XML libraries we tried all tended
to grind to a snails pace when faced with the XML data tree that our
server was sending to the module. Not that it was a massive amount of
data, it just had lots of leaves. We never found an XML library that
could handle it.

That said, what Jacque did was to have someone wrap the Carbon version
of KRM (written for Kagi by Zonic Ltd) to make it a Mac based plugin.
That works quite well and is fast.

I'll coordinate with everyone to get the KRM plugin for Mac listed on
our web site on the KRM page <http://www.kagi.com/KRM/index.php> so
that it is easy to find.

Sorry for the confusion.

Kee Nethery