Detect colour beneath an img object

Barry Barber barry_barber at yahoo.it
Fri Jun 20 15:25:33 EDT 2008

Hello all,
This question will probably (I hope) be easier for some of you to answer than for me to formulate!

I am trying to detect when the colour changes below the loc of an image (png) object lying
above another of the same type. The catch is that the top img would "see" the underlying colour
through a transparent hole in another png which is on an intermediate level between the two of them!

To put it another way:  there are three png images directly superimposed, the one on the middle
layer has a 'hole' or 'window' in it and I need the top layer to detect when it is over the window (i.e., detect the change in colour beneath it's loc).

Here's hoping!
Barry Barber