Windows XP Media Center Edition - crash (Rev 2.9)

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Mon Jun 16 13:14:41 EDT 2008

Dave Cragg wrote:

> On 16 Jun 2008, at 16:33, Ken Ray wrote:
>

>>> Does anyone know of any issues with Win XP Media Center Edition and
>>> Rev 2.9?
>>
>> Does you app use any externals, or is it all pure Transcript?
>
> No externals. The original app is heavy with QuickTime stuff, which was
> my first thought. But the test app I sent really is a "do nothing" stack
> with no openStack, preOpenStack, or any other handlers that run on
> opening. It still crashes.

QT 7.4.x for Windows crashes Rev, among other applications as well. Even
just loading QT can make the app unstable. QT 7.5 fixes the problem, so
the easiest solution is just to upgrade QT. Alternately, Windows users
with "bad" versions of QT can go into the QT Control Panel Applet and
choose "Safe mode (GDI only)" which also fixes the problem for most people.

This came up in the support queue and it took us a while to figure out
what was going on, but the above 2 solutions have worked for most people
so far.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com