Inheritance problem?

Sarah Reichelt sarah.reichelt at gmail.com
Fri Jun 13 21:17:26 EDT 2008

On Sat, Jun 14, 2008 at 10:48 AM, Charles Szasz <cszasz at mac.com> wrote:

> I created an app with two fields for entry of text and and 22 number only
> fields. Despite NO code being in the two text fields followed by the numeric
> fields, the two text fields have acquired the code of number boxes -
> allowing only two digits! I tried the following code to allow alphanumeric
> entry:

>From the sound of it, there has to be an inherited script somewhere.
Look in the card script, group script (if the fields are in a group),
stack script and the scripts of any mainStacks as well as any
frontScripts, backScripts or stacksInUse.

If you still can't find it, add a handler to the text entry fields as follows:

on keyDown pKey
  pass keyDown
end keyDown

There may also be rawKeyDown, rawKeyUp or keyUp handlers somewhere, so
check for them too.

Cheers,
Sarah