Which engine?

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Mon Jul 28 23:16:15 EDT 2008

Andre Garzia wrote:
> Jacque,
>
> I have 2.9.0-dp-5 in CentOS running well. Always invoke it with the
> -ui and pick the correct engine, I keep forgetting if it is the one
> from the Standalone or the one to be used by the IDE...
>
> I just checked, I am running 2.9.0 build 610 here.
>
> You may need not only to set it to 755 but also set it to the correct
> user:group using the chown command, some hosts are picky about who
> owns the file (specially true for simple shared hosting accounts in
> dreamhost)

Thanks Andre, I was hoping you'd notice me. This is on a small, private
server and I get the feeling something over there is not set up right. I
have tried using both an old mc linux engine (the one that works fine on
my own server) and also the standalone linux engine from 2.9. I have
tried scripts both with and without the -ui flag (the old mc one
shouldn't need it, but I tried it anyway.) I don't think the engine is
even starting up. The script is the simple "echo.mt" test script. Also
tried running it all four ways using ".cgi" as the suffix instead.

I always get the generic 500 server error. I don't have access to the
error logs, but a copy that was sent to me had no script errors in it at
all, only the generic "premature end of headers" statement.

I'll ask about the owner. Maybe that's it. I don't have control of the
server, so I'm dependent on the admin, and he takes forever to answer
emails.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com