Table Field documentation/tutorials/hints/anything

Eric Chatonet eric.chatonet at sosmartsoftware.com
Wed Jul 23 04:27:43 EDT 2008

Bonjour Gordon,

Le 22 juil. 08 à 22:25, Gordon Sande a écrit :

> I was hoping to use RunRev to display some calculated data
> in spreadsheet like displays. To be useful I need to select
> the data to be displayed in each of several such displays.
>
> RunRev looked like it might be a good tool. A nice programing
> language with easy control of graphical output under interactive
> input. 2.9 Revolution Media seemed like an easy start.
>
> Then I read section 4.2.23 on Table Field Control and tried
> to find anything else. The search command must be broken on
> my copy of the documentation as I found nothing else. I did
> find one tutorial which explained that this was an experimental
> feature as of 2.5 which was both undocumented and subject to
> various bugs. Lots of custom properties and arcane addressing
> polynomials to select fields with do-it-yourself handlers.
>
> What have I managed to miss?
>
> Citations of further documentation would be welcome. Web URLs
> of examples or tutorials would sure help. Any other hints
> would also be welcome. Even other solutions to my display
> problem would be welcome.
>
> Eventually I will want to control the size of the cells,
> the weight of the cell boundaries, the font and styling of
> the contents and have the displays scroll in their windows.
> Printing is also on the ToDo list but at this point I can
> not even figure out how to get any values into a table.
> Not a great start.

Table fields are an unfinished feature at the moment, more fields
than tables :-)
Nevertheless 'How to Manage Table Fields' tutorial might help you:
This stack, which comprises a Lab section and an Explanations
section, explains table fields and all the aspects that for the
moment are still not documented.
Fully commented scripts lets you start working with them at once.
You will access this tutorial through "Tutorials Picker" a free
plugin that interfaces with the So Smart Software website in order to
display all available tutorials stacks directly from the web.
You will find it by going to http://www.sosmartsoftware.com/
Revolution/Plugins or Tutorials section.

Best regards from Paris,
Eric Chatonet.