combine shell scripts with administrator privileges

Scott Morrow scott at elementarysoftware.com
Fri Jul 11 03:15:20 EDT 2008

I'm trying to combine 2 shell scripts and my knowledge of shell
scripting (and how to combine it with AppleScript) is proving too
minimal.

I can do this:

put  "chmod 777"&& tInnerPath into tShellCmd
put "do shell script" &&quote& tShellCmd &quote&& "with administrator
privileges" into tCmd
do tCmd as applescript

What I want to do is piggyback a second script to chmod another file
while making use of the previous admin privileges

(Otherwise I end up with a second dialog box asking the user to enter
the password again)

Thanks,

Scott Morrow

Elementary Software