revFontLoad Crashes

Mark Schonewille m.schonewille at economy-x-talk.com
Wed Jul 9 05:15:31 EDT 2008

Hi Bridger,

All I know is that fonts have to be compatible with your operating
system. Some truetype fonts may load on OSX 10.5 but not on 10.3 and
others may load on OSX but not on Windows.

Indeed, it is not clear which fonts work with RevFont, but I believe
revFont is not limited to truetype fonts.

I also had a case where a font worked fine in Mac OS X 10.3.9, if
installed in the Fonts folder, but wouldn't be loaded by RevFont. I
believe that Run Rev Ltd is still working on this problem.

If RevFont doesn't work for you, don't keep trying. Just have the font
installed in the regular way. On some operating systems, you can't
load a font dynamically anyway, because you have to restart the
programme to access the font, which causes a nice catch 22.

--
Best regards,

Mark Schonewille

http://economy-x-talk.com