How do I stop a table field from scrolling right?

Jan Schenkel janschenkel at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 9 00:30:54 EDT 2008

--- Mikey <mikeythek at gmail.com> wrote:
> I've got a table field.  Cells are editable.  I have
> the maximum editable
> column set to 4.  The field is a little wider than
> the right of the fourth
> column.  When I click in the fourth column, the
> whole field scrolls right so
> the 4th column is now on the far left of the field,
> and columns to the right
> of it are now visible.  How do I stop this behavior?

Hi Mikey,

The problem seems to stem from the application of a
'fudge' factor to ensure that everything is visible
and stays within the margins of the table field,
taking the scrollbar width into account.
This was done to prevent situations where you take a
stack from a Mac, where scrollbars are 16 pixels wide,
to another platform where scrollbars are perhaps 20
pixels wide.
And that's why it will work if you add an extra 8
pixels to the right of your table field. But that
leaves you with a visual artefact. You could, of
course, change the grid color (aka 'borderColor')
property of the field to white so that people won't
see it right away.
Or you can just turn on the horizontal scrollbar of
the field.

Jan Schenkel.

Quartam Reports & PDF Library for Revolution
<http://www.quartam.com>

=====