revFontLoad Crashes

Bridger Maxwell bridgeyman at gmail.com
Tue Jul 8 22:37:15 EDT 2008

Hey,

I am finding revFontLoad to be quite troublesome. I would like the ability
to load fonts dynamically in my app from a given directory. However, I have
run into a few problems, particularly on OS X. One font I tried to load
using revFontLoad on OS X made the entire interface, including everything in
the Revolution IDE, to turn a different language. I don't know what language
it was, but it had a lot of curvy lines and dots, for what it is worth. Now
any font I try to load on OS X just crashes my application immediately and
without any errors.

On Windows things seem to be working better, but I haven't done too much
testing there yet. One thing I have noticed is that if a text field is set
to use a particular font before the font is loaded, the font will not be
loaded correctly for all sizes and the field will not show the font. For
example, if I have a field with Lucida Grande 18 point text, when I load the
Lucida Grande font, size 18 does not work. This is not mentioned in the
docs.

Also, is ttf the only font format that revFontLoad supports? If it is, I
can't find any mention of that limitation in the docs.

TTFN
Bridger Maxwell