Parentheses in Menu Items

Mikey mikeythek at gmail.com
Tue Jul 8 16:56:17 EDT 2008

So I have this menu control on a card.  I want to put parentheses in some of
the items.  However the manual says that putting an open-parentheses in any
menuitem disables the item.  Instead you should use \(.  So I have written a
script to fix that problem, but the backslash still appears instead of being
eaten.  So I decided to find out what would happen if I removed the
backslash, and lo and behold the menuitem is not disabled and the
parenthesis appears.  So am I missing something here?

--
EB White  - "Be obscure clearly."