AW: AW: AW: How to keep dir structure when building standalone?

Devin Asay devin_asay at byu.edu
Thu Jul 3 11:28:41 EDT 2008

On Jul 3, 2008, at 1:00 AM, Tiemo Hollmann TB wrote:

> Hi Devin, thank you for your offer!
> The issue with the path to my resources I could solve (I was just
> puzzled
> with the following issue). But the initial question keeps open for me:
> In the standalone settings of my stack I put the resources/file.db
> in the
> "copy files" section. After building the standalone (on a Win XP) the
> file.db is copied into the standalone, BUT:
> 1. with 0 kb (empty file)
> 2. in the root directory of my app and not in resources/file.db
> I have to delete this corrupted file at the "wrong" place and copy
> manually
> the file.db (512kb) in a manually created folder /resources/ in the
> standalone package and now everything runs fine.
> Is my approach to package resource files wrong, am I missing some
> options or
> is this a bug?

I never use the standalone builder's Copy files section. I just
always open the standalone package and copy them in manually. I know
of several other Rev developers who do the same. So it's possible
that the Copy Files section is just buggy. I never found it helpful,
so have never used it.

Devin

Devin Asay
Brigham Young University