Revolution and WINE

Mark Schonewille m.schonewille at economy-x-talk.com
Wed Jan 30 17:35:38 EST 2008

Hi all,

Those who are interested in running Windows applications on a Mac
Intel without buying an emulater, without having to restart, and
without buying Windows, the following might be interesting.

Today, I compiled and installed WINE on my Mac Intel (Wine Is Not an
Emulator <http://www.winehq.org>). It appears that simple Revolution
standalones run nicely in WINE.

I also opened Revolution for Windows in WINE. It appears that menus
may get hidden after a system window, if you use system windows, and
pictures with alpha masks don't render. There are probably more
problems connected to graphical display. Everything else seems to
work just fine.

Best regards,

Mark Schonewille

http://economy-x-talk.com
http://www.salery.biz

Quickly extract data from your HyperCard stacks with DIFfersifier.
http://differsifier.economy-x-talk.com