Rev cgi vs. php

Andre Garzia andre at andregarzia.com
Wed Jan 30 17:33:41 EST 2008

Dave,

let me clarify. The problem with script limits is that it makes hard
to create something like a "Revolution Server Pages" where we make our
software execute pieces of code at runtime, like parsing a template
for code placeholders and executing such code like php does. The idea
is that without scriptlimits, we could make our own super template
engine in pure transcript, to pick a text file and execute parts of
it.

Like we do with merge calls but allowing full control of what is executed.

Let me say again that this is not a show stopper. If I thought php was
better, I would not be making a living mainly out of writting
revolution based cgis. I was just pointing things that php can do that
we need workarounds.

A tipical php page is HTML mixed with code, and we right now, can't do
that with Revolution, unless you script with merge.

Best
Andre