URL Scheme Handled by a Rev Application

Andres Martinez andres at bakno.com
Fri Jan 25 15:18:48 EST 2008

Hello

Thanks to your help I am already getting a URL to open a Rev App and
pass some parameters. But only on Mac OS X.

Now I want to do the same on Windows. Trevor told me how to receive
parameters (thanks again) but first I need to change the registry in
order for Windows to launch the application when the URL is called.

I found that Rev already has a function called setRegistry(). But it
seems to be a very delicate procedure and I want to know if any of you
have done this same surgery before.

As far as I know I need to do the following:

- Add a new key to HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT called 'myprog'
- Add an empty string to this key called 'URL Protocol'
- Add the sub-keys:  \shell\open\command
- Set the value of the default string inside the command key to: " c:
\my prog\prog.exe %1"

Regards,
Andres Martinez
www.baKno.com