A SuperCard project opener ???

Ken Ray kray at sonsothunder.com
Sun Jan 20 18:54:17 EST 2008

On Sun, 20 Jan 2008 15:49:13 +0000 (GMT), Richmond Mathewson wrote:

> Mark Schonewille pointed to
>
> http://support.runrev.com/resources/supercard.php#Converting
>
> which is super as far as it goes, BUT:
>
> it presupposes that one owns a copy of SuperCard,
>
> and,
>
> only copes with  version 3.6 or earlier.
>
> I am unclear as to how far SuperTalk (???) has
> diverged from HyperTalk:
>
> but am aware that the SuperCard developers 'split'
> with HyperCard before later versions of HC.

The file format is totally different, so there's no way for Rev to be
able to directly read an SC project without someone doing a bunch of
reverse engineering (if it's possible). Personally I have had to do a
small handful of SC-to-MC/Rev conversions over the years, and each time
I've tried RunRev's converter it never worked for me, so I wrote my own
(it's not comprehensive but did the jobs I needed it to. However it
also assumes you have a copy of SC (although perhaps the SC Player
might do the trick) to output the structure/scripts/etc. to XML format
first.

Ken Ray
Sons of Thunder Software, Inc.
Email: kray at sonsothunder.com