Weird RunRev IDE Problem

Dave dave at looktowindward.com
Thu Jan 17 09:39:18 EST 2008

Hi All,

I always set the "Variable checking by default" preference on so that
Local's have to be defined. This has been working fine for at least 6
months (when I installed this version on RunRev). Now today, I get an
error on the following code:

function TestFunc
local myValue

put it into myValue

return empty
end testFunc

The problem is that it's complaining that the "it" is not defined! As
I say, I've been using it and referencing "it" and "result" ok
(without the quotes), now for no apparent reason it gives the error:

"expression: unquoted literal"

I tried removing the "into myValue" so it just reads "put it" but I
still get the same error.

Also, once I've hit this error, it fails to open the preference panel
when selected from the Menubar, the only way I can get it the
preferences up after this is to quit RunRev and re-launch.

Any ideas on how to overcome this or what is going wrong? I'm dead in
the water now as code that used to compile ok, suddenly doesn't!!!

All the Best
Dave