Video on Linux

Tim Shields ShieldsOnTour at gmail.com
Mon Jan 14 11:34:59 EST 2008

Hi Mark,

The Linux version requires that the latest version of mplayer is
installed on your system to enable playing of video's (in the same way
as the Windows and OSX versions require quicktime player to be
installed.)

If you try and play a video without mplayer installed, there is a bug
in the current DP which does not delete the child window (that it
prepares for the video to play in) - hence the apparent non-redrawing.
It should only be the docs stack that does not redraw - the other
stacks (without video sub-windows) should be unaffected. This bug will
be fixed in DP-4.

Regards,

Tim.