HyperNext ? Worth a look ?

Richmond Mathewson geradamas at yahoo.com
Sun Jan 13 09:17:33 EST 2008

Peter Alcibiades wrote:

"If you want cheap and closed source and simple, I'd
go with Rev Media as a
better and reasonably safe long term bet, which
hopefully will soon include a
Linux version.

If you want cheap/free and powerful and OSS I'd go
with one of the many Python
ides, and if wanting the card metaphor, with
PythonCard.

But I can't really see the niche for this.  Maybe not
fair?"

Quite Fair:

However, I am a sort of vampire who gets bored with
the same old blood and looks elsewhere :)

By and large I am extremely happy with Runtime
Revolution and have no real intention of abandoning
it. However, even if only in terms of the odd bit of
mental stimulus, it is interesting to look at
"also-rans" (SERF springs to mind) rather as a
paleo-biologist might examine australopithecus as a
way of understanding why some things work in homo
sapiens the way they do. A while ago I "sucked" some
really quite interesting ideas from a recent SuperCard
release that I was then able to implement with RR -
but those ideas would not have occurred to me had I
not had my annual peek at SuperCard.

The Tigabyte chap may be worth watching for aal sorts
of other questions:-

1. How NOT to implement some things.

2. How to implement things otherwise than RR.

3. and so on.

However, I don't really see myself lobbing any money
in that direction anytime soon: and unless the
Tigabyte chap speeds up he may fold before his income
reaches critical mass.

sincerely, Richmond Mathewson

A Thorn in the flesh is better than a failed Systems Development Life Cycle.