[ANN][OT] FutureBASIC now FREE

Kay C Lan lan.kc.macmail at gmail.com
Fri Jan 4 22:32:51 EST 2008

On Jan 5, 2008 10:54 AM, Ken Ray <kray at sonsothunder.com> wrote:

I don't know enough to
> write anything that will compile, but what exactly is not supposed to
> be working on Intel-based Macs?
>

>From here:

http://www.stazsoftware.com/futurebasic/release4.php

it says at the bottom:
Intel Compiler

Before you ask... Robert Purves (New Zealand) is heading a team that is
working on the new Intel compiler. This is a brand new, built from the
ground up, product. But even with the mountainous task standing before them,
Robert says the peak is in sight. Stay tuned for more info.

So I imagine for MacTel users it's a bit like using the AppleScript Editor
without being able to press Run.

Good to know that the Editor works on MacTel though, thanks for sharing.

Interestingly, for me anyway, as a few on this list have expressed the
opinion that Rev should go openSource, a thread on the FutureBASIC list is
concerned about the future of FutureBASIC now that it's revenue stream has
been cut.

I guess time will tell.