Sheep Shaver & XCMDs

Ken Ray kray at sonsothunder.com
Wed Jan 2 02:47:20 EST 2008

On Tue, 1 Jan 2008 22:36:11 -0800, Joe Lewis Wilkins wrote:

> Ken,
>
> I, too, have a number of HC stacks that I wish to convert to
> Revolution; however most of them use XCMDs and XFNs that I created
> with Compile-it. They are all well tested, having been used by
> businesses everyday for about 12 years. Do you know if they can be
> used in Revolution stacks and then in the standalone?

Well, only if you are deploying to OS 9, and only if they were Type 1,
not Type 2 XCMDs/XFCNs. That said, however, it is very rare that there
is an external that I've run across where I couldn't encapsulate the
same functionality using a custom Transcript function. And doing so
would make it completely cross-platform and OS X compatible, so it is
the best way to go, IMHO.

Ken Ray
Sons of Thunder Software, Inc.
Email: kray at sonsothunder.com