Sheep Shaver

Judy Perry katheryn.swynford at gmail.com
Wed Jan 2 02:01:06 EST 2008

Joe,

I don't know your needs, but from what I've seen, a PPC-based OS 9 Mac
comes cheaply these days off ebay... I've got a 1 or 2-gen bondi-blue
egg-shaped iMac that I bought that way for my kids (their other
machine -- they are twins, after all, twice as expensive as singletons
-- is our old Cube).

Come to think of it, I think I have an old pizza-box 601 machine in my
office that I might be visiting tomorrow.

I wonder if I can resurrect it as a Moodle server (truly atrocious
semester that has ended with me essentially guessing grades as various
IT boo-boos, server crashes, resets etc. has eaten essential grade
data as late as a week ago)...

I'll be happy as long as I have a machine that can boot OS 9...  That
Flying Colours software I mentioned in the other thread is a good
example of neat stuff I can't run in OS X (and, honestly, wouldn't
want to go through the hassle of getting a virtual XP/Vista(ugh!)
machine to do the same thing).

Good luck.

Judy