[OT] gmail behaviour

Thomas McGrath III 3mcgrath at comcast.net
Thu Feb 28 10:08:31 EST 2008

Here we find ANOTHER link "http://mail.google.com/mail?nocheckbrowser"
that is not apparently secure and does not check browser versions.

<quote>

Standard view is what you'll see when you sign in to Gmail from a
fully supported browser.
In case you don't have access to a fully supported browser, we still
want you to have access to Gmail -- that's why we've developed a basic
HTML view of our service that's compatible with almost any browser. If
you sign in to Gmail using a browser that isn't fully supported,
you'll automatically be directed to the basic HTML view.

The basic HTML view is a little different from what you're used to
because the following features aren't available:

	• Filter creation
	• Spell checker
	• Keyboard shortcuts
	• Address auto-complete
	• Custom From addresses
If you need to access these features, please sign in to Gmail from a
fully supported browser, and make sure you have cookies and JavaScript
enabled.

If you're directed to the basic HTML view of Gmail, but would like to
try using the standard Gmail view, visit http://mail.google.com/mail?nocheckbrowser
. Keep in mind that standard view may not work, even with this link,
if your browser isn't supported.

</quote>