Auto Save

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Tue Feb 26 14:16:24 EST 2008

Dale Pond wrote:

> I've been watching this Auto Save thread. I would REALLY REALLY love
> to have a script that did what HC did with the DoMenu command.
>
> DoMenu "Save"
>
> or similar script addition that saves the stack when a particular
> script completes its run.
>
> I've tried it but can't seem to get it to work. Any suggestions?

Much of what HC used to do can be done in Rev, without having to type
DoMenu.

The save command will do what you need here:

   save stack "StackName"

or

   save this stack

You could have an auto-save like HC's with something like this on your
stack script or in a library if you want it for all your stacks (check
out Rev's Plugins - they're easy to make):

   on closeCard
      save this stack
      pass closeCard
   end closeCard

   on closeField
     save this stack
     pass closeField
   end closeField

Are there any other events that triggered HC's save?

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Managing Editor, revJournal