DP 4 for Linux: Aaaarrrggg!

Peter Alcibiades palcibiades-first at yahoo.co.uk
Tue Feb 26 05:02:12 EST 2008

Viktoras, you are quite right.  I have just tried out a few window managers.
On Xfce multiple windows work fine on my installation also.  They also work
fine on fluxbox.

However they do exactly what I described earlier on both kde, which I just
tested, and gnome, that is, all the windows collapse onto one desktop.

This is on Debian testing, pretty up to date.  Default settings for all WMs.

Could you try on Ubuntu using gnome or kde?  If you can bear the bloat!

At least there is a workaround - just use xfce, which I quite like these days,
though whether it is any longer the low cholesterol desktop is another
matter...  And if it works on two WMs it should be a fairly simple matter to
make it work on kde and gnome.

Or maybe it is a bug in kde and gnome?  Seems unlikely.

Peter