concerning 2.9 as "free"

Colin Holgate coiin at rcn.com
Mon Feb 25 20:37:04 EST 2008

On Feb 25, 2008, at 8:17 PM, Chipp Walters wrote:

> Just wondering, did you contact them about upgrading to the free
> bundle
> right after it came out? I would be surprised if they wouldn't allow
> you to
> do so considering you purchased your version only 24 hours before.

I'm not positive about the time difference. I did the two for one deal
on the last day it was available I think, and the other offer arrived
right after that. Offers are a good thing, back to back offers aren't
as good. My overall goal was to have Rev, so that when people ask me
how to do things in it (which happens), I have it to try out
suggestions. I don't currently have any real work need for it, and so
the two for one and Christmas deals both achieve what I wanted, hence
not be so bothered that I would demand the later deal.

I do also like to support worthy products, so I'm not complaining
about the money I've spent. I'm just trying to be sure what my rights
are in updating to the next version so soon after getting the current
version.