no defaultstack

Scott Rossi scott at tactilemedia.com
Mon Feb 25 13:29:50 EST 2008

Recently, rand valentine wrote:

> I'm using Rev 2.8.1 Studio, MacBook Pro, 4gb memory, Leopard, and now
> Revolution does not recognize the card or stack that I'm in when I execute a
> script. So every field reference must be specified for the card it's on and
> the stack it's in, i.e., one can't just designate:
>
> fld "whichField"
>
>  rather it must be
>
> fld "whichField" of cd "whichCard" of stack "whichStack"
>
>  I've been playing with setting the defaultstack to the toplevel stack, but
> that doesn't seem to help.
>
>  Any way to fix this? Thanks.

One thing you might try/consider...  If you're referencing objects across
multiple stacks, or just running into general object reference issues, try
to avoid manually building object references, and use the object's long id.
In my experience, I've found the engine can get confused (or even start
generating gibberish) if you reference objects using a description that you
build yourself (ie fld "whichField" of cd "whichCard" of stack
"whichStack").  In my case, the situations were very complex and difficult
to reproduce -- once I started using long id references, the script errors I
was getting went away.

Regards,

Scott Rossi
Creative Director