concerning 2.9 as "free"

Bill Marriott wjm at wjm.org
Mon Feb 25 13:19:39 EST 2008

Heather has posted this information in the forums. I'll do the same here:

You get Rev 2.9 for free if:
    - You had an active update pack/license on 1 February 2006
    - You purchased any version of Revolution 2.7.x
    - You bought a RevSelect Holiday bundle
    - You have an active license pack valid on the date of 2.9's release

The free updates do not affect any other aspect of licensing. Your license
is not extended another three months or year, for example. You are just
getting the new version.

Example 1:

Bill has a Studio 2.6.1 license that expired Feb 5, 2006. He has not
purchased any new versions since then. He gets Rev 2.9 for free, but
otherwise his license is still "inactive." He'll have to renew the license
for any future versions.

Example 2:

Charles bought Revolution 2.7.3 and 2.8.1 and the RevSelect Holiday Bundle.
His license is current through December 2008. He'll receive Rev 2.9 as part
of his update pack license, as well as any versions released the rest of
this year.

We have not announced what versions will follow 2.9, but you're correct that
if you don't have an update pack, these will not be free upgrades. (A good
reason to get your licks in on the final beta.)

Bill

"Andrew Meit" <meitnik at bellsouth.net> wrote in
message news:CC24560C-DAFD-44D7-A117-EBA399A3215D at bellsouth.net...