2.9 dp4 microsoft scripting (using word or excel)

Trevor DeVore lists at mangomultimedia.com
Mon Feb 25 12:59:40 EST 2008

On Feb 25, 2008, at 12:07 PM, runrev at animabit.de wrote:

> Does anyone know a trick to use the Word-Object after the vbscript
> has ended and runrev got the result of vbscript? Could runrev get
> the Word-ID as result of the createobject syntax and use it later
> again? I assume this wouldn't be possible, but it would be fine if
> this could have be done.

Perhaps this will be of help. From the engine change log:

=============
The result of execution is reflected in 'the result'. This will
contain "alternate language not found" if the specified language was
unknown and "execution error" if a problem occured while running the
script. If a problem did not occur, Revolution will evaluate the value
of a global variable 'result' (if declared) within the scripting
engine, if not declared empty will be assumed.

For example:
   do "result = 1 + 1" as "vbscript"
Will return "2" in 'the result'.

Note: At present only values that can be coerced to a string are
supported when returning a value.

Regards,

--
Trevor DeVore