RevCGI Hosts?

Andre Garzia andre at andregarzia.com
Mon Feb 25 12:23:39 EST 2008

Mark,

yes, sendmail can be called from a cgi with a simple shell() call. You
can use RocketsSendmail library to make it even easier. This allows
you to customize the email and code your own solution. For example in
our Hinduism Today Digital Edition
(http://www.hinduismtoday.com/digital ) we use RocketsSendmail to send
a verification email to the newly created accounts, upon following a
link on those emails, the account is verified, this is a common
pattern used by many web applications which can't be easily reproduced
with cgiemail.

RocketsSendmail has only one function, that function is analogous to
RevMail but uses sendmail or mail (depending on the platform) to send
the email.

With Sendmail you're in control, you have the freedom to assemble the
emails anyway you want and even do processing on them first. With
cgiemail all you can do is forward forms...

cgiemail may be easier to forward forms, but that will just get you
more trouble in the long run for you're pushing your workflow to deal
with the form later. with sendmail you can do work earlier in the
workflow and send more meaningful emails.

my two brazilian real cents which are worth near nothing but are the
prettiest money in the world (Except for old maltese liri which were
gorgeous)
Andre