Open Socket Question

Phil Davis revdev at pdslabs.net
Thu Feb 21 16:36:56 EST 2008

Hi Dave,

I don't have time to write sample code right now, but one approach would be:

- set the socketTimeoutInterval to something reasonable
- make a 'connectToServerApp' handler that opens one socket, using the
params passed to it by 'startClient'
- let 'StartClient' do this once for each line in your server list:
      send ("connectToServerApp" && tOneIpAddress) to stack in 0 ticks
- make a 'socketTimeout' handler than resends the 'connectToServerApp'
cmd (with params) to stack in x ticks
- make a 'socketError' that notifies you of connection failures
- when the openSockets contains all the addresses in your original list,
you're done

Phil Davis