Cgi and Database (stick to standards)

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Wed Feb 20 02:01:15 EST 2008

On 19/2/08 9:54 PM, "Hershel Fisch" <hershf at rgllc.us> wrote:

Hi Hershel,

> On 2/19/08 2:29 AM, "Ruslan Zasukhin" <sunshine at public.kherson.ua> wrote:

>> I wonder where you have found info that mySQL is worse of others (SqlLite or
>> Postgre) on grow of db size ???>
>> I do not think exists significant difference between mySQL and Postgre in
>> regard of dependence on db size...
> I didn't say its worse, on sqlite I read its site this info that its faster,
> ok I do except that it might be on small or very small db's, on postgres I
> did a lot of research a while ago. mySQL is a bit faster on smaller db's as
> it gets lager it evens out then (in the Giga's) postgres is faster because
> mySQL slows down a bit.

Aha, so this is your own experience with Postgre. Okay.

>>> or maybe I'll look into valentina.
>>
>> If you think about hosting, Valentina is unlikely choice. Only if you have
>> own server.

> So it looks like I'll have to stick to mySQL or PostgreSQL by the way I
> didn't find posgres available for a decent price mostly mySQL is used.

I think this is because thanks to "history" mySQL is loved by ISP. This did
happens about 7-10 years ago when Postgre was much worse. For example it did
have huge problems with non English languages while mySQL was able support
e.g. Russian encodings.

--
Best regards,

Ruslan Zasukhin