[semi-OT] iPhone help needed

Sarah Reichelt sarah.reichelt at gmail.com
Tue Feb 19 20:44:34 EST 2008

Hi All,

My current work involves lots of process control and monitoring. I am
setting up automatically updating web pages that allow the relevant
people to log in and see what is happening at any time. When/if the
iPhone ever arrives in Australia, it will be the perfect adjunct to
this technique as I can make the software send an SMS alert and then
people can log into the web page for more details.

I have been testing the web page displays on my iPod Touch and found
that I need to use very different font sizes. The small but high res
screen needs much larger fonts if it is to be readable without having
to zoom in. This is fine and I can use PHP to read the HTTP_USER_AGENT
and then set the page to use the appropriate style sheet. However I
don't know what the HTTP_USER_AGENT is set to by an iPhone.

I would be very grateful if anyone who has an iPhone could log into to
<http://www.troz.net/browser.php> and click the button. You don't even
have to enter the other data if you don't want to. I'll be taking the
page down when I get the data I need, so if you get a 404, then
someone else has already done it.

Many thanks in advance,
Sarah

P.S. If anyone else needs the same sort of data, here is what you get
from an iPod touch:
Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU like Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/420.1 (KHTML,
like Gecko) Version/3.0 Mobile/4A93 Safari/419.3