Reducing image data size

Björnke von Gierke bvg at mac.com
Mon Feb 18 07:07:49 EST 2008

The simplest way to do this is with imageData. Something like the
following should do the trick (untested):

on mouseUp
   put 100,100,180,180 into theRect --or whatever
   set the rectangle of image 1 to theRect --original image
   set the rectangle of image 2 to theRect --thumbnail image
   set the imagedata of image 2 to the imagedata of image 1
   set the height of image 1 to the formattedHeight of image 1
   set the width of image 1 to the formattedWidth of image 1
end mouseUp

Note that the two images need to have the exact same rectangle, or the
second image will show distorted garbage, or nothing at all.

have fun
Bjoernke

PS: I used this in Malta during my presentation, but also transfered
the imagedata over a socket. So you could theoretically  even save the
imagedata to a file, for later retrieval.

--

official ChatRev page:
http://chatrev.bjoernke.com

Chat with other RunRev developers: