Flash or Quicktime?

Jeff Reynolds jeff at siphonophore.com
Fri Feb 15 20:34:51 EST 2008

except making a nicely compressed and good quality wmv file is pretty
much an oxymoron... my old compression guru (been in the biz forever
and a real artist) still snarls at me when i request wmv files... they
never come out as nice or as small and the clients always ask why it
doesnt look as good or play as well as the quicktime version...

unless you are doing HD H264, smaller h264 movies for cdroms and stuff
play fine on older machines.

an odd aside, been finding lost of corp IT groups stripping flash
player and plugin out of corp machines to stop video playing through
browsers (too much executive youtubing at lunch)! some of these were
fortune 500 companies! had to resort to wmv to get something to those
folks as they left the wmp on the machines. guess they figured only
the porn stuff would use the wmv files...

cheers,

jeff

On Feb 15, 2008, at 8:00 PM, use-revolution-request at lists.runrev.com