shortcut keys rarely working

Trevor DeVore lists at mangomultimedia.com
Fri Feb 15 11:39:31 EST 2008

On Feb 15, 2008, at 11:19 AM, Jerry Daniels wrote:
> Trevor has tracked down a very bothersome engine bug that seems to
> isolate the problem: FOCUS. Once a Rev application (the IDE is an
> application, btw) has a bunch of nested groups, the engine has to be
> coerced into knowing what the focused object (field) really is. This
> is where the keystrokes "go." And sometimes even coercion does not
> work. Based on Trevor's detective work, I'm starting to believe this
> is an engine bug--which has been reported and which is being worked
> on presently by the lads and lasses in Scotland.
>
> Perhaps Mr. T or others in the know would care to comment.

I don't have any further details on whether or not the issue is fixed
yet for the next 2.9 build.

I am pretty sure that non-functioning shortcut keys are related to a
confused engine when it comes to focusedObject and selectedField. I've
been able to recreate the issue and have filed bug reports. Rev is
aware of the issue and hopefully all of these shortcut key woes will
go away with 2.9.

Regards,

--
Trevor DeVore