Re: Rép : Substack command don't reach main stack when executed as Standalone-"Corrected" Nearly solved

Eric Chatonet eric.chatonet at sosmartsoftware.com
Thu Feb 14 16:24:20 EST 2008

Bonjour Pierre,

Le 14 févr. 08 à 20:08, Pierre a écrit :

> Hi mark and Eric +
>
> I  Made some progress .
>
> In the Window : "Stand Alone Application Settings ..."  'General'
> I chose :    "Search for required inclusion when saving the
> standalone application"
> 					instead of Select inclusion s for the Standalone with "Ask
> DIalog", "Answer Dialog" and "cursors"  ON
> 	           I Kept "Remove all profiles on projects"
>
> 				No progress when testing .
>
> I Kept the last 'General' Settings then
>
> I then went to the tablet Stacks:
>
>  My main Stack and all Substacks are there.
>
> "Move Substacks into individual  Stack files was selected" I put it
> off.
>

> Surprise, everything goes right  as far as substack command is
> concerned.
> "my test and the use of all my sub-routines works fine"

Yes: All code in a main stack script is available for its sub-stacks
but can't be available for separate stacks unless the main stack is
in put in use.

> 	BUT  problem:
>
> The update of none of my substacks doesn't work.
>
> My Main Stack is the Splash Screen and each substack run a "save"
> within the "On CloseStack" handler.

You can't save a standalone but separate stacks only.
So, in your case, letting apart that saving a stack in the user's
environment is not recommended (except if it is a simple data stack
without user interface), the way to go was said above: let stacks
moved into individual files as they were so you can save them but put
in use your main stack to get your code :-)

> Where can I find detailed informations about the Stand Alone
> Settings ?
>
> Many thanks for helping
>
> Pierre

Best regards from Paris,