Inter-Application Communication on Windows

Dave dave at looktowindward.com
Thu Feb 14 06:11:10 EST 2008

Hi,

I thought about using a file, but the problem is that database app
has to send progress updates quite often and since it's accessing the
disk heavily anyway (building the SQLite database from input files)
it would slow the whole process down.

If I use sockets and an addres of 127.0.0.1:6000 could this cause a
problem with anti-virus and firewall software?

Thanks a lot

All the Best
Dave