Doing my own geometry

Steve Checkley steve.taxcalc at hotmail.co.uk
Thu Feb 7 12:53:35 EST 2008

Hi Jacque,

Unfortunately, I've deleted the original handlers and gone back to using Rev's own geometry manager.

I'd placed a button in the bottom right of the window and turned on live resizing.

In pseudocode, the button's script ran along the lines of:

on mouseDown
   repeat while the mouse is down
       set the rect of this stack in relation to the mouseLoc (fixing min and max rects)
   end repeat
end mouseDown

on resizeStack
    lock screen
    -- geometry script in here
    unlock screen
end resizeStack

I have a feeling that I may still have been relying upon rev to actually handle the geometry and was calling revUpdateGeometry but I can't remember now. Mind you, when I was playing around, I didn't have a lot on the card, so maybe not. My brain's a bit fried at the moment, I'm afraid!

Hmmm... I might have another look at this to see whether moving objects directly in code works quicker that I remember.

Thanks for pointing me in possibly the right direction!

Steve