Doing my own geometry

Steve Checkley steve.taxcalc at hotmail.co.uk
Wed Feb 6 18:47:11 EST 2008

Hello all,

A short while back, I remember seeing a thread about doing ones own geometry and not having to rely up the geometry manager.

I've had a go at writing my own, mainly so I can have a growbox that looks like it belongs to an OS X bottombar. However, there's a great deal of lag as the window updates.

I'd like to ask those who've written their own managers whether they were able to overcome the lag in the screen redraws and create a routine that's quick as the native live resizing?

Also, I only appear to have had geometry manager muck things up when I edited the properties of a control in a group. Are there any other risks that I should be aware of if I stick with it?

Cheers,

Steve