Filter JPEG files in MACOSX

paolo mazzapaolo at libero.it
Sat Dec 27 10:24:19 EST 2008

Filter jpeg files in MACOSX

How can I filter the files created by the application Preview  and
saved as JPEG?
According to the Rev documentation I should use either there two
commands:

    answer file "SELEZIONA" of type "JPEG"

    answer file "SELEZIONA" with filter "JPEGs,*.jpg"

Unfortunately both of them do not work .As far as I know, the first
one does not work because  the application  Preview from Apple does
not set the filetype to JPEG even if you choose to save the image as
JPEG.  (crazy)

The second one does not work because  even if the file has the
extension .jpg,  in the contextual menu the extension of that file
disappear.
Why?

To me, this file type thing in MacOSX is a mess.