drag-select over field?

Eric Chatonet eric.chatonet at sosmartsoftware.com
Fri Dec 26 03:03:16 EST 2008

Bonjour Mark,

'How to select objects using a selection rectangle built on-the-fly'
tutorial might help you:
This stack shows how to select objects using a rectangle drawn with
the mouse.
Selection rectangles according to the platform: Mac OS X, Mac OS 9,
Win XP and Win Vista.
Two selection modes: intersect and enclose.
Requires Rev 2.7 or later.

You will access this tutorial through "Tutorials Picker" a free
plugin that interfaces with the So Smart Software website in order to
display all available tutorials stacks directly from the web.
You will find it by going to http://www.sosmartsoftware.com/
Revolution/Plugins or Tutorials section.

At the moment, 28 tutorials are available through "Tutorials Picker":

How to implement Paypal payment or donation into your projects
How to select objects using a selection rectangle built on-the-fly
How to reorganize a list field manually using Rev 2.9 drag and drop
feature
How to implement clever auto-completion in entry boxes
How to manage drag and drop #2
How to create custom shaped windows
How to put in place a stars ranking system
How to create custom controls using PNG images
How to master user's data entries in a field
How to Monitor a QuickTime Player by Script
How to Download Data from the Internet
How to Manage Stack Resizing
How to Manage Table Fields
How to Display and Manage Ask Dialogs
How to Display and Manage Answer Dialogs
How to Manage Tabbed Buttons
How to Ask for a Password
How to Manage User's Waiting Time
How to Manage Drag and Drop for Files or Folders
How to Fix Stack Decorations
How to build and Manage Dynamic Menus
How to Manage "Snap to" Scrollbars
How to Create Contextual Tooltips on-the-fly
How to Store Images
How to Create and Manage HTML lists
How to Install "Metal Appearance" on All Platforms
How to Change Card Dimensions Smoothly
How to Magnify Images

Le 26 déc. 08 à 07:18, Mark Swindell a écrit :

> What is the trick to be able to drag out a rectangle to select a
> group of objects where the background is a field whose lockText is
> true, and whose size and location is locked?  In this case I have
> some buttons overlaying a field.  I want the user's cursor to
> change to the arrow tool when clicking on this background field,
> and then to drag and draw a marquee rectangle around the buttons,
> thereby selecting them.  If there is no object behind the buttons
> this works, but not with a field in the background.
>
> Thanks
> Mark

Best regards from Paris,
Eric Chatonet.