drag-select over field?

Mark Swindell mdswindell at cruzio.com
Fri Dec 26 01:18:03 EST 2008

What is the trick to be able to drag out a rectangle to select a group
of objects where the background is a field whose lockText is true, and
whose size and location is locked?  In this case I have some buttons
overlaying a field.  I want the user's cursor to change to the arrow
tool when clicking on this background field, and then to drag and draw
a marquee rectangle around the buttons, thereby selecting them.  If
there is no object behind the buttons this works, but not with a field
in the background.

Thanks
Mark