Hammering on about Paragraphs

Richmond Mathewson geradamas at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 23 03:47:29 EST 2008

Dear Sivakatirswami,

"they would all understand the correct unity of form and
function"

reminds me of "The Fire and The Sun" section of Plato's
Republic; even if not to mention the central goal of
Hinduism.

Most of us, however, are still sufficiently blinded by the
light of Runtime Revolution to stay involved in this sort
of discussion. While the appeal of non-action, or, better,
disinterested action may be there (and of course, as soon as
it is seen as 'appealing' it is no longer un-motivated), I,
for one, am so encoiled in the grip of the earthly serpent
that I prefer the old, well-trodden path of Karma Marga.

AND, if the path of work is paved with Runtime Revolution,
it feels a whole lot more liberating than the languages that
Mr Reetz is obviously embroiled with!

I would like to delude myself that, although a mole,
shovelling away in the dark, I have at least one eye
open to look at higher things. Where you and I differ,
perhaps, is that, at present, "higher things" means
becoming a highly competent Runtime Revolution
programmer. While this may not result in a particularly
long-lasting type of peace, it will guarantee that the
rest of my time on earth is rather comfortable.

sincerely, Richmond Mathewson.

A Thorn in the flesh is better than a failed Systems Development Life Cycle.